Adjunct Therapy for Patients with Serious Illness
The FIRST Chinese Medicinal Ingredient Verified by the U.S. Pharmacopeial (USP)
New Generation of Yunzhi with Promising Efficacy – Scientific Innovation Leading to Advancement
Oncozac® is a new generation Yunzhi-derived adjunct remedy with enhanced efficacy^ developed for those combating serious illnesses. Developed through rigorous pharmaceutical research conducted in the School of Pharmacy, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), Oncozac® contains the patented production ingredient: absorbable peptidoglucan (). Yunzhi can effectively strengthen bodily immune function that can relieve side effects caused by surgery, radiotherapy or chemotherapy.
World Class Standard verified by the U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP)
In August 2009, ONCO-Z®, the active ingredient present in Oncozac®, became the first Chinese medicinal ingredient verified by the United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP)*. Please click here to get more information.
- Collaboratively researched with the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Contains patented production ingredient: absorbable Peptidoglucan () that can help strengthen bodily immunity
- Oncozac®’s only ingredient ONCO-Z®*, was the first Chinese medicinal ingredient verified by United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP)*
- Ideal for patients with serious illnesses who are undergoing treatment to reduce the side effects of these treatments
- Ideal for patients who maintain a long-term recovery after serious illnesses
*Oncozac®’s only ingredient ONCO-Z® is the first Chinese medicinal ingredient verified in the dietary ingredient verification service of U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention10
^Internal Research of comparison between different coriolus versicolor products in response to in vitro mitogenic activity
Yunzhi – the proven complement to conventional therapy of serious illnesses
Yunzhi has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries to strengthen the body’s immune system.
More recent scientific researches and clinical trials have proven that Yunzhi extract helps stimulate the immune system so that the body is better able to defend against the serious illnesses.
Yunzhi is an effective complementary treatment option for people with serious illnesses at various stages.
The main effects of Yunzhi (Coriolus Versicolor) published in research reports include:
- Activation of immune cells such as: T-lymphocytes, B-lymphocytes, monocytes, macrophages, bone marrow cells, natural killer cells and lymphokine- activated cells 1,2,5.
- Increase of antibodies and a variety of cytokines such as: interleukin -2, interleukin -6, interferon and TNF 2,9.
- Restore immunological response depression derived from serious illness treatment back to normal level 2,5.
- Enhance the body’s immunity 3,4 to reduce chance of infection2,9.
- Reduce the side effects of the treatment of serious illnesses, improve patient’s mental and health status 13.
- Inhibit mutated cells proliferation 3,14.
- Increase the survival rate of patients 3,7,11,12.
Oncozac® – ONCO-Z®* as the only ingredient, combines four major advancements:
USP offers verification services for dietary supplement finished products, dietary ingredients, pharmaceutical ingredients, and excipients. Products and ingredients that meet all USP verification requirements mean:
- The ingredients are consistent in quality from batch to batch.
- The ingredients meet label or certificate of analysis claims for identity, strength, purity, and quality.
- The ingredients are prepared in accordance with accepted manufacturing practices.
Please click here to get more information.
Better absorption – Extract of Oncozac® is highly water soluble1 and is thus readily absorbed by the body to provide better effects.
Absorbable peptidoglucan – Containing absorbable peptidoglucan (), Oncozac® help stimulate proliferation of immune cells such as white blood cells, bone marrow cells and macrophages to boost body immunity.
Higher potency^ due to proprietary extraction and processing method – Unique extraction method and sophisticated freeze-drying process are used in the production of Oncozac® to ensure that active ingredients especially are not damaged and can be effectively extracted from Yunzhi. These production advances help enhanced the efficacy of Oncozac®.
Development standardization and testing – In addition to containing absorbable peptidoglucan , Oncozac® was conducted with immunological tests to prove its efficacy in immunostimulation.
Every batch of Oncozac® has obtained safety reports of heavy metals and toxic elements, pesticide residues and microbial limit tests from the world-renowned independent testing laboratory SGS (H.K.) Ltd. Product safety and reliability are guaranteed.
Oncozac® can help alleviate the side-effects arising from treatments of serious illnesses includeing susceptibility to infection, reduction of immune cells, oral discomfort, hair loss, nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite, severe weight loss and pain. Oncozac® supports patients to complete the entire course of therapy and therefore facilitates their recovery.
Oncozac® can help improve the physical and mental well-being of patients.
Continuous consumption of Oncozac® can help to improve the immune system after conventional treatment.
- Chu K.K.W., Chow A.H.L. (2006) Preparation and standardization of immunomodulatory pepdite-linked glucans with verifiable oral absorbability from coriolus versicolor. United States patent filing: US 7,048,932 B2
- Chu K.K.W., Ho S.S.S., Chow A.H.L. (2002) Coriolus versicolor: a medical mushroom with promising immunotherapeutic values. J Clin Pharmacol, 42(9): 976-84
- King-Fai Cheng, Ping-Chung Leung (2008) General review of polysaccharopeptides (PSP) from c. versicolor: pharmacological and clinical studies. Cancer Therapy Vol. 6: 117-30
- Leung M.Y.K., Liu C., Koon J.C.M., Fung K.P. (2006) Polysaccharide biological response modifiers. Immunology Letters 105: 104-14
- Liu F., Ooi V.E.C., Fung M.C. (1999) Analysis of immunomodulating cytokines mRNAs in the mouse induced by mushroom polysaccharides. Life Sci. 64(12): 1005-11
- Nakazato H., Koike A., Saji S., Ogawa N., Sakamoto J. (1994) Efficacy of immunochemotherapy as adjuvant treatment after curative resection of gastric cancer. Lancet 343: 1122-6
- Ohwada S., Ogawa T., Makita F., Tanahashi F., Ohya T., Tomizawa N., Satoh Y., Kobayashi I., Izumi M., Takeyoshi I., Hamada K., Minagushi S., Togo Y., Toshihiko T., Koyama T., Kamio M (2006) Beneficial effects of protein-bound polysaccharide K. plus tegafur/uracil in patients with stage II or III colorectal cancer: analysis of immunological parameters. Oncology Reports 15: 861-8
- University Research Findings of APG’s immunostimulatory Effect on Lymphocytes comparing with two competitors’ products in the market, 2003
- Tsukagoshi S., Hashimoto Y., Fugii G., Kabayashi H., Namoto K., Orita K. (1984) Krestin (PSK). Cancer Treatment Rev. 11: 131-55
- USP verification of dietary ingredients: ONCO-Z coriolus versicolor extract. Ver ref. no.: 1080100301
- Wong L.Y. Eliza, Cheng K.F., Leung P.C. (2012) Efficacy of yunzhi (coriolus versicolor) on survival in cancer patients: systematic review and meta-analysis. Recent Patents on Inflammation & Allergy Drug Discovery 6: 78-87
- Yamashita K., Ougolkov A.V., Nakazato H., Ito K., Ohashi Y., Kitakata H., Yasumoto K., Omote K., Mai M., Takahashi Y., Minamoto T. (2007) Adjuvant immunochemotherapy with protein-bound polysaccharide K for colon cancer in relation to oncogenic beta-catenin activation. Dis Colon Rectum 50: 1169-81
- Zhong Y., Zou J., Zhang L.Y. (2001) Clinical observation on alleviating chemotherapy’s side effect of PSP in treating gastric carcinoma. Liaoning Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 28: 668-9
- Zhou Y.L., Hua J., Lin J., Tang K.X. (2007) Cytotoxic activities of coriolous versicolor (Yunzhi) extracts on human liver cancer and breast cancer cell line. Afr J. Biotechnol 6: 1740-43
^ Internal Research of comparison between different coriolus versicolor products in response to in vitro mitogenic activity
*In August 2009, Oncozac®’s only ingredient ONCO-Z®, became the first Chinese medicinal ingredient verified by United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP).
100 % Yunzhi extract (containing )
100 capsules: 34g
300 capsules: 102g
100 capsules: 96g
300 capsules: 206g
Keep in cool and dry place. Avoid direct sunlight
Packaging & Dosage
340mg x 300 capsules per bottle
340mg x 100 capsules per box